Friday, May 11, 2018

Episode 166 - "Knitting soothes the troubled spirit"

What are we wearing?
Flaum by Justyna Lorkowska
Sharlene's Flaum
Björkö Shawl by Anna Friberg
Gayle's Bjorko

What are we stalking?
Fisherman's Cloud by Katrin Schneider
Holst Garn Coast
Goldfish Memory by Casapinka
Nilla the Unicorn by Rachel Borello Carroll
Little Coffee Bean by Elizabeth Smith
Viajante by Martina Behm

What are we knitting?
Jujuy by Joji Locatelli
Jessica Jones by Sminé
Light Rain by Joji Locatelli
Fading Point by Joji Locatelli
Slade by Michele Wang


Thank-you Fix-A-Stitch for sponsoring this episode!


What have we finished?
Calyx by Elizabeth Doherty
"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." 
- Elizabeth Zimmermann, Knitting Without Tears

 
Boo joined us for recording!

2 comments:

  1. Boo is beautiful! Love your podcasts. They are friendly, funny, often heartwarming and always full of good information. Thank you for doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this show struck a cord with me. About 3 years ago my husband passed away after a short but horrific illness. While he was home with hospice I knit a lot. When he died, I just couldn't knit. I suppose it reminded me too much of what he went through for the 4 months between his diagnosis and his death. I recently started knitting again but I realized that all my WIPs from the time he was sick remain in bags and unfinished and I'm not sure if I'll ever finish them. I now call them my Norman knitting. But I also find that now, knitting does soothe me, it makes me relax and it makes me get out of my head.

    I love the podcast, and thank you for taking the time to record it and make us think.

    ReplyDelete